We woke up and ate some breakfast. I can't say enough how wonderful Micaela and her parents were to us, they let us help ourselves to whatever we needed, even let us do a load of laundry! We packed up our stuff and took a city bus to meet Micaela for lunch. We ate some good Noodles & Co for lunch. That place has the BIGGEST rice krispie treats in the world! They were sooo good.
After lunch, we had some time to kill before we met Whitney and Megan, so we went and used the internet at the Denver Public Library. It was a beautiful library.
We went and found Whitney & Megan at the mall and we all went bowling. It was a lot of fun. Whit and Megan are so adorable and we had a great time with them. It was too bad it was so short.
After that we met up with Micaela and went to my friend Amy's house in Denver. She is an old friend of my mom's that I've known my whole life, so I wanted to see her while I was there. She made dinner for all us and we drank some Fat Tire beer. We said goodbye to Micaela. :( We stayed at Amy's that night and we set up our tent in her backyard.
We woke up at 6am to her lawn sprinklers going off and soaking us. We didn't put our rain cover on because it rarely rains in Denver! We thought we were getting caught in a downpour and we made a mad dash for the house only to discover that it was the sprinklers. Haha.
That afternoon Amy drove us to a truck stop and we got a ride from a really nice truck driver named Michael. He took us to Cheyenne, Wyoming. By the time we got there, it was dark, so we just decided to set up the tent behind the truck stop and sleep there for the night.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hahaha thats too funny tab, were you staying at Mams place? As in Amy from RKOP???
Man Im so jealous! Sounds liek you are haveing quite the experience, I wish I was doin it too.
Post a Comment